Re: [TenTec] Argosy (I)

To: John <jh.graves@verizon.net>, Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Argosy (I)
From: wa3fiy@radioadv.com
Date: Thu, 08 Sep 2011 11:05:59 -0400
John and group,

A few years ago I tested about a dozen rigs for use on battery, both CW and SSB
where both
modes were available.  CW and SSB were close to the same power consumption with
CW
being slightly better.  Note: all rigs were full QSK on CW.  The tests were run
at 40 meters
and 50% transmit duty cycle.  (That's very heavy transmit use! Maybe net
control type use.)

The following results were calculated for 5 Watts CW using a 7.5 A/H batt
discharged 90%.

OHR 100A   0.75A     31 hrs

Argosy         1.30A     12 hrs.

Argosy II      2.70A      7.8 hrs
 (disp off)

Argosy II       2.90A      6.4 hrs
 (disp on)

Omni IV        5.9A        2.9 hrs

Just tossed the O VI in for fun.  :-)

In each case the test sample was one unit.

73,

-Lee-

WA3FIY