Re: [TenTec] ARRL Reviews

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] ARRL Reviews
From: Clayton Brantley <clayton_n4ev@yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 8 Sep 2011 14:53:13 -0700 (PDT)
Steve:  I concur with your views.  Been in ham radio since 1969 and have
had several rigs.  The one I miss the most is the Heath SB-102.  I now have
a Jupiter and an Omni VI that has the VI+ upgrade. There is a lot to do in
radio without getting involved in contests.  I personally think that contesting
is a big waste of time, power, and bandwidth.  I do not count any contacts
like that as valid.  If you can't sit a while and tell war stories, then find
something to do.

I find the older rigs work as good as the did when first built and that's good
enough for me.

Still miss the old tube rigs.

73 Clayton N4EV