Re: [TenTec] Tax on Inventory

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Tax on Inventory
From: Richards <jruing@ameritech.net>
Date: Fri, 16 Sep 2011 17:43:31 -0400
In addition to what KM said...   and without any contradiction to what
he said... I know many businesses pay property tax (separate from income
tax) on equipment and inventory.   Sometimes our local retail stores go
short of goods just before doing the annual property tax inventory, and
stock is replenished soon thereafter.    I paid local property taxes on
all my office equipment, and the local taxing authority had a different
schedule of depreciation than the County, the State, and the Feds.

So this is just ANOTHER tax affecting many small businesses.   I would
hate to be a "cost accountant" in this day and age !

Happy Trails.