Re: [TenTec] Anyone compared a Ten Tec Eagle to the Icom 7000?

To: "Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Anyone compared a Ten Tec Eagle to the Icom 7000?
From: "Curt" <rhulett1@consolidated.net>
Date: Sun, 18 Sep 2011 07:23:57 -0500
The TS-590S specs might compare favorably with the TT-599, but personally
having all eggs in the Ten-Tec basket doesn't seem a bad thing. A friend's
TS-50 quit recently, and mfg service told him they no longer work on those
"old" rigs. The TS-50 was discontinued about 5 years ago. I've talked with
Ten-Tec service about my 3 decade-old rigs and they still repair them ( if I
could afford the service ). Maybe this is an artifact of the new technology,
the new normal being a short useful life. When it breaks, throw into
landfill and buy a new one.