[TenTec] Orion 1 problem

To: "Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Orion 1 problem
From: "denton" <denton@oregontrail.net>
Date: Fri, 28 Oct 2011 11:46:50 -0700
Hi all..
I have a TT Orion 1 that when booting up sometmes will have a pulsing noise
in the main reciever...ssb signals sound like they are in reverse even
though the proper ssb is indicated on the screen...this is mostly prevalent
on 80 ssb. Doing a master reboot does not seem to help.

I am running N4PY ver. 2.15E software and Orion ver. 2.04X11 firmware. PC is
a Dell running Win XP with dedicated pci card serial ports to fire the
Orion.

Time to replace the Orion's battery? Software and firmware issue?

Thanks to all that reply, de Denton WB7TDG