Re: [TenTec] Interfacing Computers to Rigs

To: k9yc@arrl.net, Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Interfacing Computers to Rigs
From: Richards <jruing@ameritech.net>
Date: Sun, 30 Oct 2011 02:27:58 -0400
Well... kinda...

There IS a bit of relativity to all of this.  What may seem elementary
to an electrical engineer, may still, in turn, seem like a totally
foreign language to another with a vastly different career.

I have a doctorate degree in something, and as an undergrad majored in
Philosophy,   (after all, if one can read Kant's "Critique of Pure
Reason" - then he can read just about anything else...) - nevertheless I
find your work difficult and challenging.

A suggestion :

        I read the conclusions first, and then the beefy
        sections explaining it all.   A murder mystery is
        a lot easier to follow if you already know
        who "done it."       ;-)

I also find reading it all the way through quickly on one day, and then
re-read it slowly, and painstakingly careful the next day, yields the
greatest comprehension - as you say, one must study it.

But we are bit really complaining.   I would rather have a difficult,
but detailed and comprehensive explanation, than one that is so
condensed or simplified as to be misleading or confusing for lack of
substance.   Yet, while your work is sufficiently detailed, and
technically proficient, it is not exactly light reading !     ;-)

Funny thing, Jim, but this piece was mentioned tonight in the TS-590s
discussion group... so you are getting around a bit.

Happy days.

On 10/30/2011 1:21 AM, Jim Brown wrote:

> Not really. In fact, it is written for hams WITHOUT a college technical
> education, but who have done at least some studying of electronics and
> how radio works.

My stuff is written for those who want to learn.