[TenTec] CENTURION CLEANING

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: [TenTec] CENTURION CLEANING
From: "Richard Schmidt" <k7nsw@ispud.net>
Date: Tue, 06 Dec 2011 16:44:30 -0700
Just received a new Centurion amplifier.  My first big tube amp and am
anxious to take care of it.  Have been in ham radio long years and
understand the problems accumulated dust can cause.  I am thinking about
the best way to periodically clean it.  The least physical impact upon
components seems to be the use of compressed air at a modest psi level.
I am not sure how many psi that would be.  Light brushing with a small
natural bristle paint-type brush also seems good, particularly on the
cooling fan blades.  This amp has pc boards and components that look
like small ic chips. The appearance of this kind of construction sends
up red flags concerning generating static electricity while cleaning.
What do you think?  Suggestions/war stories are welcome.  I use an Omni
VII exciting the Centurion to a big GAP Voyager vertical via the Ten-Tec
high power antenna tuner (current version).  Thanking you in advance for
your comments.