Re: [TenTec] Best HF Travel Rig

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Best HF Travel Rig
From: Chad Lovelace <kj4vyi@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 14 Feb 2012 09:38:29 -0600
I had a argosy 525d a while back I took to my folk place was great -- small and
50 watts was good with a straight key didn't have a mic with it simple dipole
and a small mfj tuner I was able to hit some islands in the Atlantic and heard
plenty of south America -- I also had a tt scout with a bunch of modules that
was easy to carry around was a le to put it in a soft side tool bag I had. For
power I had a small mfj mity power supply -- it was small and 20 amps was
plenty of power -- wish I would have kept those to have now when I go to my
folks place I don't really want to carry around my ft847 and the bigger tuner
-- I could do it but that would mean I would have to put every thing in a large
pelican case and it takes up too much room -- other than my rockmite and a cut
dipole thats only what I carry now and it goes in my go bag I carry every day
-- a Kata photo bag ( looks like a backpack with some dividers to keep things
organized ) and I have room for my iPad and wifi is j
 ust about everywhere I can use that as my log, spots and qrz lookups

I'm still on the hunt for either a tt scout a ic703 or an argosy 525d I think I
could get them in my gobag

Good luck on finding what you can take to your farm !!

Chad
KJ4VYI