Re: [TenTec] Top receivers

To: k9yc@arrl.net, Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Top receivers
From: wade staggs <tvman1954@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 16 May 2012 22:31:59 -0500
10% THD in a Guitar Amp is a good thing in some cases.Most have a separate
PRE (Preamp ) and POST ( should be self explanatory. ) By running the PRE
higher Fuzz or Distortion is created to add effects to the sound.
Personally, 10% distortion when trying to listen to a receiver or stereo
fatigues me. And to listen on a 3 inch speaker at higher volumes with a 2
watt limited output and 10% distortion just sucks. My Kaito KA1102 which is
a Really Cheap Chinese receiver has those same specs. This could be
expected from an entry level HF rig but really, the Big Box stuff could be
better. There is a Poor Man at this shack but, a three to ten thousand
dollar radio needs better audio IMHO. For those who find the audio and
speaker combination hard on the ears, remember the Line Level Audio Jack on
the rear and better amplified speaker/s would be a good way to go. Now the
station here is just a 585 Paragon which has a pretty decent speaker in the
matching power supply. The tinny little speaker in the rig? Not so great. A
set of quality Computer Speakers really make a difference.
                                                             73 de
Wade/KJ4WS