Re: [TenTec] RFI Issues

To: "Jim WA9YSD" <wa9ysd@yahoo.com>, "Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] RFI Issues
From: "Robert Mcgraw" <rmcgraw@blomand.net>
Date: Sat, 19 May 2012 14:01:56 -0500 (CDT)
In general the idea of the driven ground through the basement floor is
NOT A GOOD IDEA.......unless at minimum it is bonded back to the AC mains
ground.

>From my take, any and all grounds should be located outside of the
structure and all must be bonded together outside of the structure.

If the antennas provide a reasonable impedance match and a suitable
ground system exist for those antennas requiring such, lightning
protection should be applied outside of the structure.  Thus the only
ground necessary for the station is simply the 3rd pin safety ground.

73
Bob, K4TAX