Re: [TenTec] new amp

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TenTec] new amp
From: Jim Brown <k9yc@audiosystemsgroup.com>
Date: Thu, 16 Aug 2012 09:42:54 -0700
On 8/16/2012 8:52 AM, Doug S wrote:
> IMHO $800 is just crazy to pay for a 100w amp. I can hear the naysayers
> already and how other companies offer less etc but I just don't see much of a
> market for an 100w amp for $800.00.

Why do you say that?  Is it because a company in MS well known for
producing low quality products that also have serious reliability
problems sells cheap amps for less? I've had to repair those MS amps in
the middle of a contest, and I can tell you that their quality is well
below that of Ten Tec.   Is it because you don't know enough about
electrical engineering to realize the COST of producing a clean amp, and
one that is reliable?  Is it because you are equating dollars and watts?

Ten Tec is well known for quality products that are clean and reliable.
I own four Ten Tec power amps that were designed and built in the 1980s
-- three Titan 425s and a Hercules II. All are working fine, 30 years
later, and I can still find parts if I need to repair them. When I look
inside I see good engineering and quality components. Ten Tec products
are designed and built in the USA, by people making a living wage, not
imported from low wage countries where they are built by people in sweat
shops.  If you want to be ABLE to buy American, put your money where
your mouth is and buy American quality while you can still find it.

73, Jim Brown K9YC