Re: [TenTec] Dipole Over Pool Enclosure

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Dipole Over Pool Enclosure
From: Richards <jruing@ameritech.net>
Date: Thu, 11 Oct 2012 19:44:01 -0400

I think I would hang it and just see how it works, while carefully documenting impedance and other data for various frequencies and bands. I believe ANY nearby large object, especially one of made of metal, can affect the radiation pattern, or or affect impedance, but you won't really know HOW if you don't try it. I am no expert on computer modeling programs, but I doubt that would give you much of an answer to how this structure would affect a dipole, whereas the programs do consider different ground conditions. Maybe you could look into the computer modeling programs, and see what sort of worst-case-metal-object-below-the-antenna scenario you can construct, and see if that makes any substantial difference.

But I say hang it and see how it plays... then try the vertical Kris mentions... and compare them... and then try something else... and... so forth until you either get too sick or too old. ;-)

Just MY take...