Re: [TenTec] Dipole Over Pool Enclosure

To: "Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Dipole Over Pool Enclosure
From: "Bob McGraw - K4TAX" <RMcGraw@Blomand.net>
Date: Sat, 13 Oct 2012 20:41:20 -0500
Jim's comment is well taken. However I must emphasize that disconnecting the antenna is only 1/2 of the issue. You MUST disconnect your ground too, specially if you have any of your equipment plugged in to any AC outlet. The AC mains plus neutral and ground, and having your station ground connected too, is a path for lightning discharge and the path is through your equipment.

73
Bob, K4TAX

----- Original Message ----- From: "Jim GM" <jim.gmforum@gmail.com>