Re: [TenTec] Model 238 C Issues Resolved

To: "Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Model 238 C Issues Resolved
From: "Tony Lelieveld" <va3dwi@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 19 Nov 2012 14:16:01 -0500
Richards,

I have owned various models of antenna tuners but the TenTec 238B is the best
one I've had ever.  The tuning range is great.  I use a Palstar "tuner-tuner"
which is not available anymore.  It allows me to adjust the tuner without
having to transmit on the air and it is spot-on.

TenTec has the same unit available in a kit for about $20.  See
http://www.tentec.com/products/Transmatch-Tuning-Bridge-Kit.html .  It is a
worthwhile investment.  Just make sure never to transmit into it hi.. hi.  I
have mounted a fuse outside the case so I don't have to remove the cover of the
Palstar unit.

The advantage is that you can play with the tuners' inductance and capacitor
settings however long you wish to find the right setting because you are not
transmitting a carrier.  I recommend it to everyone.

73, Tony VE3DWI.