Re: [TenTec] Matching Accessories Question

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Matching Accessories Question
From: Jim Brown <k9yc@audiosystemsgroup.com>
Date: Tue, 25 Dec 2012 12:47:03 -0800
On 12/25/2012 3:37 AM, Bry Carling wrote:
Matching Accessories Question

Define "match." Do you mean functionally matching, color matching, front panel appearance and shape matching, year of introduction and sale matching?

Ten Tec gear, in general, is VERY well designed for compatibility with other well designed gear. I've VERY happily used Ten Tec Herc II and Titan 425 amps and Ten Tec 229-series and 238-series tuners with every piece of gear that I've attempted, including Elecraft K2 and K3, Ten Tec Omni V, Kenwood TS850, and YaesuFT1000MP. Likewise, every mic I plugged into my Omni V worked just fine, including an excellent Shure desk mic designed for ham radio, a vintage passive D104, and ElectroVoice RE11, RE16, and RE20. All I had to do to "match" them was find a place on my operating desk for them, and, for the mics, wire the plugs.

73, Jim K9YC