[TenTec] New or Used Decision; Omni VII

To: "TenTec@contesting.com" <TenTec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] New or Used Decision; Omni VII
From: Roger Rippy <svtincup@yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 21 Jan 2013 05:43:42 -0800 (PST)
My original post:
It has been a while since I wrote a note to this board, but
I am doing the research needed to make a buying decision
on a new rig. My current station has a Ten Tec Omni VI
opt 1 along with other rigs such as a TT Triton IV that I
use on occassion (usually an SKCC event). At this point in
time, I am considering the TT Omni VII; the question is
whether the cost of a new one vs a used one (serial number
C10477 - left out number in front of C). Are there any
significant improvements in this rig other than firmware
upgrades? I will probably call TT sales, but thought you
guys would have an opinion about that. I use my station
mostly for cw activity. 73s Rip   W7RIP Bozeman, MT

Results to date:
Thanks to K8VF, N1LQ, K4SQR, and others for their feedback
and their interest in hearing the results of query. I even had an
offer or two to sell me an Omni 7. The consensus was to buy
a new one, followed by recommendations to buy an Orion
(not Orion 2). There were a number of reasons, but
essentially the consensus was why not spend a little extra
and get a new one. Thanks again for all the off-line responses.

Now I guess I had better place an ad to sell my Triton IV and
my Omni VI  Opt 1 to help soften the $$$ expense. The opinions
shared about their experiences with the Omni 7 certainly helped
me make up my mind. The only nagging question is how long
with TT build and sell the Omni 7 before it gets replaced by the
Omni 8???  Do you think they would tell us?  Not....
73s  Rip   W7RIP    Bozeman, MT