Re: [TenTec] No [mandatory] CW

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TenTec] No [mandatory] CW
From: Jim Lowman <jmlowman@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Thu, 28 Feb 2013 10:12:30 -0800
I wasn't aware of the fact that so many hams in other countries have US callsigns.
But I'm not familiar enough with the regs that allow it.

Here's another way that the numbers are growing: many first responders are being "encouraged" to get their Tech licenses. I have a good friend who is Deputy Chief of a local fire department, and he and his colleagues are part of this movement. I wouldn't have know that he was a ham, except one day over lunch he asked for my recommendation in buying an HT.

One of the scare tactics that we hear from time to time is that without growth, we will lose our frequencies. But what agencies want spectrum in the HF bands? Those most at risk area those with Tech licenses.

73 de Jim - AD6CW