Re: [TenTec] Orion 2 tuning noise

To: "Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Orion 2 tuning noise
From: "Bob McGraw - K4TAX" <RMcGraw@Blomand.net>
Date: Sat, 2 Mar 2013 21:26:13 -0600
Probably you need to go through the radio, unplug each and every board and connector, and re insert them. Just normal radio maintenance in my opinion.

Also a wee bit and I mean a wee bit of Cramolin from Radio Shack might be advisable on each connector. Just remember, more is not better.

What you are hearing is zipper noise from the steps in the rotary encoder. Likely a few milliohms or resistance on a cable connector is the most likely cause.

73
Bob, K4TAX

----- Original Message ----- From: "K3GHH" <k3ghh@arrl.net>