Re: [TenTec] Computer Headset Secured -- Now What?

To: "Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Computer Headset Secured -- Now What?
From: "Bob McGraw - K4TAX" <RMcGraw@Blomand.net>
Date: Thu, 28 Mar 2013 17:00:17 -0500
I find it better to turn the hardware mike gain down, thus allowing one to run the DSP Mic gain in the 35% to 55% range. Anything external such as an attenuator is an invite for potential RFI in the audio issue. Also improves S/N ratio in the audio stages.

Also in my earlier post I mentioned using a 6.8K resistor and a 0.1 cap to block DC to the mike input to the radio. If there's too much signal from the mike, increase the size of the resistor to 10K to 15K. Everything is still the same physical size and will fit inside the 8 pin connector. I agree with Jim, K9YC on the use of Switchcraft and Neutrik connectors.

73
Bob, K4TAX

----- Original Message ----- From: "Richards" <jruing@ameritech.net> To: <k9yc@arrl.net>; "Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment" <tentec@contesting.com>
Sent: Thursday, March 28, 2013 3:55 PM