Re: [TenTec] S-Meter Calibration in 3.033xa

To: "'Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment'" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] S-Meter Calibration in 3.033xa
From: "W9OWO" <jack@w9owo.com>
Date: Sun, 7 Apr 2013 19:35:34 -0400
Kim,

There was a lot of communication in connection with S-meter calibration. If
there was any definitive solution, I missed it too.  I also found my meter
extremely generous with the default settings.  I could be wrong but it's my
understanding that a 50 microvolt signal at the antenna input should produce
an S-9 on the meter. Unfortunately, I don't have the equipment to create
this condition. Perhaps this e-mail exchange will bring forth some better
information. In the meantime, the following settings seem to work for me:
S0 -0 counts
S1 -7
S2 -12
S3 -18
S4 -24
S5 -29
S6 -34
S7 -39
S8 -44
S9 -50
+10 -58
+20 -66
+30 -75
+40 -87
+50 -100
+60 -0

Again, no scientific basis for these settings but they work for me.  Good
luck!

73, Jack-W9OWO