Re: [TenTec] A-Meter Calibration in 3.033xa

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] A-Meter Calibration in 3.033xa
From: Barry N1EU <barry.n1eu@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 8 Apr 2013 12:07:33 +0000
I use a 565, not a 566, but my understanding from previous discussions was
that the slow AGC in the latest firmware WAS slow in its receiver gain
control and it was only the s-meter action that was fast.  The fast s-meter
was throwing everybody off - listen with your ears for slow gain control.
I could be wrong, but I seem to remember John Henry weighing in with that
info.  If true, that means it's not a bug.

73,
Barry N1EU