Re: [TenTec] audio quality on Omni VI+

To: "wa5yom@arrl.net" <wa5yom@arrl.net>, Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] audio quality on Omni VI+
From: Clayton Brantley <clayton_n4ev@yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 10 May 2013 17:28:45 -0700 (PDT)
Tim:  Try the usual, pulling the interconnecting board to board cables.  One at
a time.  Sometimes DeOxit
spray on each one (use sparingly) will clean up the connections.  I usually
take a small Phillips screwdriver
and check the screws holding each board.  Over time, they will loosen.
Sometimes you might have to pull
a board out and check solder joints.  Gently tap on each board to see if there
are any loose connections.
This takes time, but in the end, you most likely find the culprit and have you
radio back up and running.

Good luck and 73
Clayton N4EV