Re: [TenTec] RF Speech Processor "TX IMD"

To: "'Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment'" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] RF Speech Processor "TX IMD"
From: "Rick - DJ0IP / NJ0IP" <Rick@DJ0IP.de>
Date: Mon, 17 Jun 2013 13:12:50 +0200
Charles,

I don't agree with you on one point here.
95% of the hams were clueless when it came to RX dynamic range, yet we
managed to get it improved.
I refuse to believe that the OEMs were all good guys and improved their
radios because they were working in our interest.
It was the lousy position of their expensive radios on Rob Sherwood's list
which motivated them to improve their receivers.

Any ham owning one of these bad radios is going to be tearing up every other
ham on his block with normal operation.  This has nothing to do with being a
LID or not.  I lived on a block with 3 hams within 500 meters of each other.
Two of us had good equipment, one had a random noise generator - and he was
a very capable engineer.  His rig was crap. Luckily he never bought a
linear.

OK, let's agree the following:
 <> I go work on the manufacturers
 <> You go fix the LIDS!   (hi)