[TenTec] ORION ll

To: "TenTec@contesting.com" <TenTec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] ORION ll
From: Bob Gibson <w5rg@yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 21 Jun 2013 14:15:32 -0700 (PDT)
Great fellows..Thanks for all the advice on the radio..Just to answer a few
questions..This is a new radio from the factory..one week old..I do not run the
speech processer at all..I was told that I was to wide..the  audio sounded
fine..just to wide..I'm going to run the audio into the back of the radio with
everything on the VX-2000 turned off but the 48volts that the mic needs..if
this doesn't help..I will call and get a new mic..either the 706 or the 709...I
do really like the rig on rec..once I get the audio set right it should be
fine..I think I will call TenTec now and see what a mic will cost me and just
get rid of the other stuff I have here..sounds like I don't need it..I'll let
everyone know the outcome..73s Bob
Bob Gibson W5RG