Re: [TenTec] Orion 2

To: "tentec@contesting.com" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Orion 2
From: georgefritkin@yahoo.com
Date: Thu, 4 Jul 2013 18:24:52 -0700 (PDT)
The demise of the ORION 2 is the classic case of shooting oneself in the foot.
After being on the market for many years, the O2 performance is still top of
the heap.  With refreshing and ergonomic changes many more years could be had.
Yes, parts could be an issue, but even that can be overcome.  Does the ham
market use another 5/6K radio? I would argue yes.  If the ham population
reflects a cross section of the economy, Mercedes, BMW, and Audi are having
record years. I own an O2, OMNI 7, and an Eagle all great radios.  I would be a
buyer, but I am afraid Ten Tec is becoming to introverted and showing a
diminishing lack of new product development talent. I hope I am