Re: [TenTec] Kudos to TenTec Service

To: "Clayton Brantley" <clayton_n4ev@yahoo.com>, "Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Kudos to TenTec Service
From: "Robert Mcgraw" <rmcgraw@blomand.net>
Date: Sun, 21 Jul 2013 19:25:34 -0500 (CDT)
These pots are PA Bias and Driver Bias controls.

A  diagnose, remove and replace and re-assemble, followed by a full
"check-out" takes a 2 to 3 hours at least.  Then some "burn-in" time and
then a "re-check" is necessary.   Yep, 3 to 4 total hours per unit is
quite normal.

73
Bob, K4TAX

> Kim,  Most likely TT replaced two 1k pots in the final PA. Normally there
> are two pots in the RF deck.
>
> Had my Jupiter back to they for service and ot was quick and painless.
> Cannot say anything but good
> service.
>
> Clayton N4ev

Disclosure:
I am a Tentec Ambassador and compensated according to the Tentec
Ambassador plan. I serve as a volunteer beta test person for the Omni
VII, Eagle and Argonaut VI products.   Otherwise, I hold no business or
employment interest with Tentec.