Re: [TenTec] OT: Openwire/Window Line and Bad Wx

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] OT: Openwire/Window Line and Bad Wx
From: Wade Staggs <tvman1954@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 1 Aug 2013 10:52:25 -0500
Hello Steve,
                    I don't doubt your instruments but, do believe that
we would notice a 5db drop in signal. Unless the books taught me wrong, a
5db loss would be Very Noticeable. About this, there is no need to ask
folks on the air with a signal report. A 5db loss would make a Major
difference to my signal meter. The station is already running with the 20db
attenuator on and the RF Gain reduced. Another 5db would be noticed. This
we are sure of. Steve, I am not saying that you are wrong, just saying that
at the shack here. I would really notice the attenuation you are speaking
of. Also, here in the real world and not a Lab, I will be looking very
closely for that 5db of loss. You see Steve, with the 20db pad in and
reduced RF Gain already .... another 5db would really be noticed as the
Feed Line Dries or gets Wet. There must be another factor coming into play
with your testing. Either that or I have the best receiver in the world...
Thanks Steve for your report and we do look forward to seeing what the
other Guru's say about your findings.
                                          73 from Wade/KJ4WS