Re: [TenTec] Argonaut V receiver noise

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Argonaut V receiver noise
From: Richards <jrichards@k8jhr.com>
Date: Tue, 06 Aug 2013 17:43:34 -0400

On 8/6/2013 5:10 PM, doug hengel wrote:

A secondary question, does anyone have any experience with the external
audio DSP speakers? Do they help with power line noise?

        Only a little.   I have used several audio
        DSP filters, and they are only helpful,
        but not a serious cure, for that sort of
        noise.   Similarly with lots of noise, they
'       are only helpful.  They are pretty good with
        white-type noise, such as hiss and random
        static, and background stuff, but only marginally
        useful on certain buzzing and ground loop type
        sounds.   (being more descriptive than technical
        here...)

        So, yes... helpful, but I would seek better
        cures if you have serious line noise.

        Just MY take.   Your mileage may differ.