Re: [TenTec] OT: Openwire/Window Line and Bad Wx

To: k9yc@arrl.net, Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] OT: Openwire/Window Line and Bad Wx
From: Richards <jrichards@k8jhr.com>
Date: Tue, 06 Aug 2013 18:08:35 -0400

On 8/6/2013 3:20 PM, Jim Brown wrote:

Also, half-wave verticals have the virtue of putting more
radiation at low angles as compared to a quarter-wave vertical.

                That is an interesting tidbit.

And I certainly agree with Rick -- when you're contesting, or
trying to work the weak ones, a couple of dB makes a difference.  AND --
a dB or two here, and a dB or two there all add up.

                Er... um... I think I said that.

                So, if you agree with me, the whole
                proposition must be doomed !     ;-)

Happy days.