Re: [TenTec] OT: Openwire/Window Line and Bad Wx

To: "Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] OT: Openwire/Window Line and Bad Wx
From: "Bob McGraw - K4TAX" <RMcGraw@Blomand.net>
Date: Sat, 3 Aug 2013 20:50:25 -0500
TX power is easy to generate, RX power isn't. RX is always limited by local and atmospheric noise so a dB here and a dB there doesn't make any difference a it attenuates noise and signal equally. It only affects the NF of the receiver which is typically no issue on HF. Just as you said, a bit more RF makes for a winner and you didn't change your feed line loss or antenna radiation efficiency. That says your receiver is better than your transmitter. Thus you should be running more power to match your receiver capability.

73
Bob, K4TAX

----- Original Message ----- From: "Rick - DJ0IP / NJ0IP" <Rick@DJ0IP.de>