Re: [TenTec] Wet ladderline -- Comments on QST report

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Wet ladderline -- Comments on QST report
From: Steve Hunt <steve@karinya.net>
Date: Fri, 09 Aug 2013 14:33:15 +0100
That's probably close enough for this sort of work!

But it's maybe worth pointing out that an unmatched line does not have uniform losses along its length - the losses are higher at the standing wave current maxima than they are at the minima. On a line with an SWR of 6:1 the losses at the current maxima will be 36 times those at the minima. So, for accurate calculations on an unmatched line, you can't simply scale the losses linearly with length.

73,
Steve G3TXQ