Re: [TenTec] On Switching Power Supplies

To: <wb5jnc@centurytel.net>, "Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] On Switching Power Supplies
From: "Bob McGraw - K4TAX" <RMcGraw@Blomand.net>
Date: Sun, 19 Jan 2014 20:59:46 -0600
Should you elect to use any "open frame" type supply then you should EXPECT to add required filtering such as a CORCOM {check the specs of the one you use} and also add RF filtering in the form of lumped constant inductance on the output leads. Yes "leads" plural meaning both the Pos and Neg leads.

I have some nice Lambda supplies, open frame type that provide excellent voltage regulation and very low residual noise on the DC line. However, filtering is required on the input and the output as well as a suitable enclosure.

73
Bob, K4TAX

----- Original Message ----- From: "Al Gulseth" <wb5jnc@centurytel.net>