Re: [TenTec] Power supply types

To: "Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Power supply types
From: "Bob McGraw - K4TAX" <RMcGraw@Blomand.net>
Date: Mon, 20 Jan 2014 23:31:45 -0600
We've seen an earlier post that indicated a certain linear supply did not pass the conducted radiation specifications and in fact, it is reported to have failed badly. Now this of course was only one unit being evaluated and may not be statically representative of a reasonable quantity.

I suppose with this earlier qualified posting, we can't accurately say that all linear supplies are quiet; just as we can't accurately say all switching supplies are noise makers. I suppose one pays your money and takes your chances.

73
Bob, K4TAX