Re: [TenTec] What's Going to be Next

To: <n4py3@earthlink.net>, "'Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment'" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] What's Going to be Next
From: "Rick - DJ0IP / NJ0IP" <Rick@DJ0IP.de>
Date: Tue, 21 Jan 2014 08:44:13 +0100
[Carl]

I completely agree with you.

73 - Rick, DJ0IP
(Nr. Frankfurt am Main)

-----Original Message-----
From: TenTec [mailto:tentec-bounces@contesting.com] On Behalf Of Carl
Moreschi
Sent: Monday, January 20, 2014 10:51 PM
To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment

I'm not saying there won't be situations where the signal will be more
comfortable to listen to by reducing RF gain, I'm just saying that from a
pure physics point of view, the signal to noise ratio does not change as RF
gain is reduced.

And I'm not saying you don't need an RF gain control.

Carl Moreschi N4PY
58 Hogwood Rd
Louisburg, NC 27549
www.n4py.com

On 1/20/2014 4:32 PM, José Félix Ballester wrote:
> All,
>
> For whatever reason reducing RF gain on my Eagle works much better for
improving voice intelligibility than on my previous Icom 756 Pro.