Re: [TenTec] Ten Tec Centaur 411 10m Mod Needed

To: "Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Ten Tec Centaur 411 10m Mod Needed
From: "Bob McGraw - K4TAX" <RMcGraw@Blomand.net>
Date: Thu, 13 Feb 2014 20:44:31 -0600
The filter is a Low Pass filter with a nominal cut-off at about 23 MHz or slightly above 15M. As designed this prevents operation above this frequency being on the 12/10M bands. This filter also provides attenuation of harmonics above the designed cut-off frequency. Now with the 12/10M filter installed the cut-off is raised to about 32 MHz thus allowing operation on 12/10M and yet still providing adequate attenuation of harmonics above that frequency.

Removing the filter and replacing it with a jumper will allow the amp to work on 12/10M but WILL NOT provide ANY harmonic attenuation. Any harmonics, i.e. 2nd, 3rd, 4th, could fall into one of the Public Service bands. Should interference occur and the user complain to the FCC, a written explanation by the operator will be required. Frankly, in this case, I can't think of an explanation that would be acceptable. Just remember, it is your amp and your license.

73
Bob, K4TAX

----- Original Message ----- From: <w8au@sssnet.com>