Re: [TenTec] Ten Tec Centaur 411 10m Mod Needed

To: "Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Ten Tec Centaur 411 10m Mod Needed
From: "Bob McGraw - K4TAX" <RMcGraw@Blomand.net>
Date: Fri, 14 Feb 2014 07:05:01 -0600
This amp does not have a tuned input but does have a 250 ohm 25W swamping resistor terminating the input, and electrically located on the output of the 15 meter filter. The "15 meter filter" is a low pass input filter to prevent operation above 22 MHz. When replaced with the designed 12M/10M filter, having a higher cut-off frequency, it allows operation up to 30 MHz. Being a LP filter it would naturally attenuate any frequency above the design cut-off frequency while passing frequencies below the cut-off frequency.

The output network is a Pi design with a Q of about 12 depending on band. There is no output filter for spurious attenuation other than what is provided by Pi network attenuation.

73
Bob, K4TAX

----- Original Message ----- From: "Rick - DJ0IP / NJ0IP" <Rick@DJ0IP.de>