Re: [TenTec] In praise of older technology AM transmitwithTenTecrigs

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] In praise of older technology AM transmitwithTenTecrigs
From: Barry N1EU <barry.n1eu@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 27 Feb 2014 12:44:55 +0000
As far as the menu ergonomics, if the Omni VII is anything like the Orion
(I believe it is), it's the easiest to use menu system I've ever
encountered on an hf radio.

As far as the roofing filter - you really only need this IMHO if you're
doing cw contesting.  The Inrad Web site seems to be down now so my
comments are from memory.   I believe the URL is
http://www.inrad.net/product.php?productid=210  - they may have two 600hz
filter options with the roofing filter depending on what sidetone frequency
you prefer.  Ideally, the roofing filter center frequency should match the
center frequency of the narrow 9MHz i.f. filter that you will use in tandem
with it.

73, Barry N1EU