Re: [TenTec] In praise of older technology AM transmitwithTenTecrigs

To: "Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] In praise of older technology AM transmitwithTenTecrigs
From: "Bob McGraw - K4TAX" <RMcGraw@Blomand.net>
Date: Thu, 27 Feb 2014 06:52:10 -0600
Bryan et al;

Are you in to heavy contest operating? If not, as Rob Sherwood indicated, a radio with a 2 kHz Dynamic range of 80 dB is most adequate for ones operations. There are more important attributes than just the close spaced dynamic range. One needs to look at the "big picture" and not just one attribute.

With the Omni VII, the Eagle, the Argonaut VI the Elecraft K-3 and the TS-590 at my disposal and on the desk, I'll reach for the Omni VII with the optional filters and optional ATU every time.

I'm now adding a new amp to the station.  More on that selection later.

73
Bob, K4TAX

----- Original Message ----- From: "Brian Carling" <bcarling@cfl.rr.com>