Re: [TenTec] In praise of older technology

To: Kimberly Elmore <cw_de_n5op@sbcglobal.net>, Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] In praise of older technology
From: K8JHR <jrichards@k8jhr.com>
Date: Wed, 05 Mar 2014 14:49:45 -0500
Hi Kim -- you describe a lot of folks from that era.

I feel the same as you. I paid for my home with cash. So MINE, all mine. I have no compunction about making it work for my hobby. Worse case scenario, I pay a carpenter to retrofit the shack to its former status, or knock a little off the selling price and the Buyer sweats it.

Fortunately, I have had virtually no static from the War Department. The only limitation she placed on my antenna farming operation is "no holes in the roof" - So... A 50 ft tower is OK... a hole in the roof is not OK. - I guess I can live with that.