Re: [TenTec] Orion (2) and ANC 4 Noise Canceller

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Orion (2) and ANC 4 Noise Canceller
From: Toby Pennington <w4cakk@centurylink.net>
Date: Mon, 07 Apr 2014 21:28:03 -0400
Terry,

I am trying to imagine in my head how this is going to work. I believe you are referring to the AUX RX receive antenna.

IF I use this connector and it's cabling to make a break and insert the ANC 4 into the line, I would have to have the RX ANT turned on the front panel at the same time as I have my TX ant ANT 1? Does the keying relay for ANT 1 work to switch RX ant at the same time? I assume so. OK, since by turning on the AUX RX ant, I am depriving myself of being able to use the main RX/TX antenna on ANT 1 since the RX AUX ANT is being switched in. I am not wanting to TX on the AUX RX ant and if the RX ant is switched on that is what would happen ( unless I have this all wrong with my logic....(.where is spock when you need him)

Terry???

Toby K4NH