Re: [TenTec] TECHNICAL: Wish List for ORION-III

To: <n4py3@earthlink.net>, "'Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment'" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] TECHNICAL: Wish List for ORION-III
From: "Rick - DJ0IP / NJ0IP" <Rick@DJ0IP.de>
Date: Wed, 9 Apr 2014 21:40:33 +0200
Carl, I'm talking about TX noise, not RX noise.
And I don't think I am being unfair when I repeat things which I have heard
Rob Sherwood say.
I only clearly stated that I was not sure if the 6500 radio is like this but
most of the others are.

Do the following.
Set up your 6500 on an antenna and set up one of your other radios on
another antenna.
Listen on the other rado and key the 6500 in SSB mode without speaking into
the mic.
If it creates a broad noise across all bands, disturbing the other receiver,
it's noisy.
This is that broadband noise I'm speaking about.

You have a 6500, please try it and tell us.
I've never even seen one.

Also, repeat the test using the Orion as the TX.
It will be clean, I know for sure!

People often forget that a lot of other things factor in when you are trying
to operate in a multi-TX environment.
If you are using the radios one at a time, they are usually just fine.

AT THIS POINT I HOPE ROB SHOWS UP TO BAIL ME OUT (hi).

73 - Rick, DJ0IP
(Nr. Frankfurt am Main)