Re: [TenTec] OT: Rob Sherwood's impression of the FLEX 6x00

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] OT: Rob Sherwood's impression of the FLEX 6x00
From: Carl Moreschi <n4py3@earthlink.net>
Date: Thu, 24 Apr 2014 07:22:48 -0400
I think several of you are misinterpreting the 6700 transmit spectra.
Here's what Rob Sherwood says.

I would say the 6700 is better than average. Most radios are lucky to be
-30 dBc. Many are somewhat less than that. Of course the numbers change from one band to another. One of my IC-781s is 34 dBc on 20 meters. The TS-990S is 34 dBc on 20 meters, and both are 32 or 50 volt PAs

The current Icom 13.8 volt rigs are generally worse, particularly the
IC-7600 and IC-7410. The K3 isn't very good either. The Yaesu rigs in class A, if you run no ALC and no processing, are very clean in the range of -40 dBc. If you run any ALC, that all goes out the window and is no better than a typical 13.8 volt PA.

Carl Moreschi N4PY
58 Hogwood Rd
Louisburg, NC 27549
www.n4py.com