Re: [TenTec] OT: Rob Sherwood's impression of the FLEX 6x00

To: <n4py3@earthlink.net>, "Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] OT: Rob Sherwood's impression of the FLEX 6x00
From: "Bob McGraw - K4TAX" <RMcGraw@Blomand.net>
Date: Thu, 24 Apr 2014 06:56:13 -0500
Carl et al;

In the face of my earlier post, I certainly can agree. With technology moving forward as it has, notable attention has been given to receiver performance while leaving the transmitter performance standing still and falling behind.

We do need cleaner transmitters, much cleaner transmitters as a matter of fact, and to some extent amplifiers as well. Unfortunately this is going to cost the consumer money. Then yet remaining, we will find operators using older to much older equipment. Initially I do not view this will significantly improve band conditions in terms of noise and other artifacts being generated. For the most part, all radios today are "guilty". I don't see it as an easy solution, at least not an inexpensive one.

In summary, it is our own crap being generated which stinks and we are complaining abut the stink.

73
Bob, K4TAX

----- Original Message ----- From: "Carl Moreschi" <n4py3@earthlink.net>