Re: [TenTec] (no subject)

To: "'Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment'" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] (no subject)
From: "Rick - DJ0IP / NJ0IP" <Rick@DJ0IP.de>
Date: Wed, 7 May 2014 08:53:11 +0200
James, I agreed with everything up until the 200w PA.
What's the reasoning for 200w?  Because Yaesu does it?  Me too?
Now days most linears run legal power with just 40w input.

There are a lot of peripherals on the market that were designed for 100w and
will fail if hit with 200w.
I don't see any benefit in that.

Now the radio itself should have transistors capable of 200 to 300w, but
only be drivable to 100w.
That gives a safety factor and enables us to run into higher SWR without
having to fold back power.
But my vote is for the spec to remain 100w and the radio to only be drivable
up to that power level.

73 - Rick, DJ0IP
(Nr. Frankfurt am Main)