Re: [TenTec] (no subject)

To: "Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] (no subject)
From: GARY HUBER <glhuber@msn.com>
Date: Wed, 7 May 2014 08:05:35 -0500
The computer used for a SDR based panadapter, CWSkimmer, (using the I-Q steam
of the SDR,) and logging (N1MM, etc,) does NOT have to seriously expensive ,
nor does it need to be single use. I built my AMD Quad Core, 3.5 GHz CPU, 8 GB
RAM, machine for less than $600. Yes, it was purpose built to run PowerSDR for
the FLEX-1500 sub-receiver of my OMNI-VII and DXLab Suite or N1MM.  The biggest
single problem to overcome in making CWSkimmer work was the delayed procedure
calls, that was solved by setting the sampling rate of all audio devices and
services to 2 channel, 16 bit,  48000 Hz.

See http://www.dxlabsuite.com/dxlabwiki/DDUtilPowerSDRN1MMSkimmerCommander or
Google DXLAB wiki PowerSDR N1MM CWSkimmer

I have a bill of materials which I will share. Please email AB9M at ARRL dot
NET.

73 & DX,
Gary - AB9M