Re: [TenTec] (ham station computer choice)

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] (ham station computer choice)
From: Kimberly Elmore <cw_de_n5op@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Wed, 7 May 2014 10:08:26 -0700 (PDT)
I only ever had RFI issues very early on. I pretty much solved them with good
shielding and ferrites. I always use all-metal cases (no plastic see-through
panels) and make certain that I have good electrical contact with all the case
sides and then tie the case into station ground. My biggest problem was with
monitors back when CRTs were all we had, but the LCD monitors today are quiet.

Kim N5OP