Re: [TenTec] (ham station computer choice)

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] (ham station computer choice)
From: "Mike Pagel, K9UW" <k9uw@wi-net.com>
Date: Wed, 07 May 2014 17:55:02 -0500

Sorry, Jim:

It has obviously changed since I last used it. It came
to me on the recommendation of a local computer store and I used it,
successfully, without any of the issues you reported. My sincere
apologies.

73, de Mike, K9UW

On May 07, 2014, Jim Allen wrote:

What a load! all decrapifier does is emulate the Control Panel
uninstall
> function, exactly file by file the same. What's worse, it
conned me into
> downloading some bogus download manager which I now
can't find to get rid
> of, which tried to make it my home page, the
default search engine and I
> don't know what all. Talk about
MALware!!

PM, Mike K9UW <k9uw@wi-net.com> wrote:

>> If your machine DOES come
with all that crap on it, I suggest using the "DeCrapifier", available
for free (for personal use) at http://pcdecrapifier.com/ [1] [2] . It
works well for removing unwanted promotional software. 73, de Mike, K9UW
Amherst, WI http://k9uw.weebly.com [2][3] On May 07, 2014, Rick - DJ0IP
/ NJ0IP wrote:

>>> There is no need to place yourself into that
situation.
>> Simply buy a business computer from any of the good-name
companies.None of them put that software crap on their business
computers.

>>> You
>> only find it on their consumer products which
sell through Best Try. From: TenTec
[mailto:tentec-bounces@contesting.com]

>>> lid; margin-left:5px;
width:100%">Sent: Wednesday, May 07, 2014 7:37 PM To: Discussion of T

ent Subject

>>> border-left:#1010ff 2px solid; margin-left:5px;
widt
>> m -- do a web crawl and search out sites which explain how to
run the

Links:
------
[1] http://pcdecrapifier.com/