[TenTec] RX366 9 MHz Out

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] RX366 9 MHz Out
From: Kim Elmore <cw_de_n5op@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Mon, 12 May 2014 20:36:30 -0500
I've just finished the installation of my new (and, apparently last) RX366 into my Orion II. Being the kind of ham that wants to have all the bells and whistles available, even if I don't have the ability to use them right now, I decided to go ahead and take advantage low-level the 9 MHz output from the RX366. I obtained a length of coax with TMP connectors on both ends and looked up the 9 MHz output mod by VE7TK. To my astonishment, I see that one of the unused TMP receptacles on the back of the unit (the one next to where cable 3 plugs in) goes to the RCA jack on the back labelled "SPARE." I double checked and, sure enough, there's a DC path to the "SPACE" RCA jack on the back. KEWL!

So, apparently, all I need now is an LP PAN adapter unit with a preamp and I'll be cookin' with a real-time spectrum display.

Kim N5OP