Re: [TenTec] Merger

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Merger
From: Cecil <chacuff@cableone.net>
Date: Tue, 20 May 2014 21:32:23 -0500
Oh don't read me wrong...never said the Orion was not a giant killer...it was.
Keyword here is WAS.

All the others mentioned are still being made and have some killer bells and
whistles you would expect to find on a flagship model.  They won't appeal to
everyone...most flagship models don't for several reasons the price point being
one.  But they do sell.  There are quite a few 7800's out there.

I also like to look at the Sherwood page but it ranks only on one receiver
parameter and many believe its a ranking of best to worst but there are many
more considerations than just close spaced IM to make a well rounded
receiver/transceiver.

One example...you could make the top of Rob list but have audio that's
difficult to live with and it becomes a less desirable product.

Just my thoughts...

Cecil
K5DL

Sent from my iPad