Re: [TenTec] Merger

To: "Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Merger
From: "Jack Emerson" <w4tje@wiredog.com>
Date: Tue, 20 May 2014 22:41:36 -0400
Mike is right. I'll repeat what I said the other night: These are 2 great companies, combining them gives even greater potential. The problem is demographics. The FCC database may say ham radio is as large as ever, but listening on any band says otherwise. The next generation is not there. I will continue to buy products from this combined company, but I'm just a drop in the bucket. On a positive note: I had a blast this weekend operating portable with a battery from a mountaintop in VA for a SOTA activation. And this morning, before going into work, I worked a UA0 on 15m cw longpath, over the south pole. That's a FB way to start a day.
73 de W4TJE

-----Original Message----- From: mcelmer1